[SOLVED] Audio Technica ATH-M50x drivers

DNTLSS RNGR

Prominent
May 28, 2019
Hi all,

I've had my M50x for like 6 years now. The hinges broke, and years later, I got them repaired. I used them for only a couple months after the repairs then when I was going to speak to my major's advisor, I put them in my backpack for 20 minutes. When I put them back on after the meeting, the left driver had no sound. I thought it might be the cord, but I've tried all 3 that came with the headphones and none of them work. When I put them in my backpack they sat atop my books and binders, so they weren't crushed or anything.

Can anyone enlighten me on what might have happened? And would replacing the driver solve this problem? If not, are there ways to diagnose the problem? The repairs were already $70 bucks and the driver would be another $50. I really don't want to put in more money if they aren't going to work after $120 for a $150 pair of headphones...

Thank you for any advice!

driver: https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/50...0-ear-element-driver-for-ath-m50-and-ath-m50x

Solution
No way to know what happened without actually looking at the headphones to see what is wrong. I'd just buy new ones, but not the 50x those are considered worse than the 40x models for audio quality. I'd go with the 40 and save some money.
No way to know what happened without actually looking at the headphones to see what is wrong. I'd just buy new ones, but not the 50x those are considered worse than the 40x models for audio quality. I'd go with the 40 and save some money.

Solution