[SOLVED] Audio Technica ATH-M50x vs. Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

moltentwitch

Commendable
Sep 14, 2018
I dont have a amplifier so i am wondering which headset would be best for gaming and music, Audio Technica ATH-M50x vs. Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro, also if m40x is better than thats also an option thank you.

Solution
For the price the m40x are very good, if it was my money, I would probably save the $50 and get those. The good or even average gaming headsets sound pretty good also, I have listed to a bunch, and even $50 models like the cheaper HyperX ones sounded good enough to use for music not just gaming. I like the SteelSeries also a bit better the 5s are good. I would say you get 75% or more of the audio quality of the 100+ sets made just for music with the better cheaper gaming headsets.
Apr 22, 2019
What soundcard are you going to drive your purchase of the headphones? Are those the only two/three options? Usually people who look for gaming headsets tend to look at something like the HyperX Cloud II's with an integrated mic.

This is true, but I remember when I was looking at a new headset/new headphones for gaming, a lot of people were saying you're better off to buy a good desktop mic, and separate headphones, as you tend to get more for your money that way. There is of course the option of the mod mic, which worked great for me when I had one. I am going to assume that the sentiment still remains true, that by buying a headset you typically sacrifice quality somewhere, for the convenience of a package deal.

For the price the m40x are very good, if it was my money, I would probably save the $50 and get those. The good or even average gaming headsets sound pretty good also, I have listed to a bunch, and even $50 models like the cheaper HyperX ones sounded good enough to use for music not just gaming. I like the SteelSeries also a bit better the 5s are good. I would say you get 75% or more of the audio quality of the 100+ sets made just for music with the better cheaper gaming headsets.

Solution