Audio through DVI-D to HDMI cable

Jazz-Kostas

Reputable
Dec 24, 2016
Hello everyone,

so I wanna buy a ASUS H110M-K with an Intel Core i3 6100 and 8gb ddr4 ram. I want to hear audio through my TV but I don't know if this can happen because I will buy a DVI-D male to HDMI male cable because of my motherboard ports. Can someone answer to my question?

Jazz-Kostas

Reputable
Dec 24, 2016

Well isn't it more value to give 6 euros extra and buy the ASUS H110M-D which has an HDMI out and connect it with a simple HDMI cable than buying this converter that you sent me? Also I am going to buy a video card but not now so I am limited to the intel hd 530 graphics.

Jazz-Kostas

Reputable
Dec 24, 2016

Yes it's going to be a gaming pc at the end :)
I am on a budget so I will go with the 6100. Also I don't need anything more than this cause the i3 will be like a beast for me who is used to work on a freaking pentium 987 1,5 ghz...

It is for sure, if you haven't bought the board.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
i know that you will enjoy the i3, that is why i asked that question int that way

when on a budget, i always try to save for some parts i want to but buy some other i buy them knowing i will upgrade them later

cpu is not one of them, at least on my case

that is why i mention to buy directly a i5, so you are ready to drop another 8 gbs of ram, a fast ssd if you aready don't have one and a 1060 or a rx480 and have superfast gaming machine with two simple upgrades, instead of 3

the cpu upgrade is complicated on intel machines thanks to the socket itself and if you do it, will require to buy thermal paste later depending on the cpu you buy and the heatsink if you buy one

you can save money on many aspects but i recomend you to buy the best cpu possible, the 6100 is very decent, but if you can go higher, it is wiser and is not that more expensive, only 60 to 80 dollars more and is a big improvement over the i3 and a collosal improvement over the pentium

sometimes a mainboard and cpu combo will make it easier to pay, it all depends on how you plan to do it, when and where, internet or locally on a store

Feb 15, 2019
yes, it is wiser to buy a mainboard with hdmi, if you can't buy the graphics card

is it going to be a gaming pc that will slowly grow? i would buy a i5 iff possible, but it depend on your budget
Hello everyone.
I have this board and i'm using onboard graphics. When looking uefi setup, I'd seen DVI port audio item, selectable values enable or disable. The default value is disabled. İn same page, another item about digital audio output, the selectable values of SPDIF, HDMI and (i'm not sure)disable. The default value is SPDIF.
I guess, dvi port can give audio, when dvi port audio enabled and digital audio mode selected hdmi mode. But, I couldn't try, because i didn't have an HDMI monitor.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS