Audio/time Lag when Burning Movies

James

Hello, I hope this isn't too off topic. I downoad/share using WinMX
3.31. I recently upgraded to high speed and have downloaded some good
movies. These play well enough on my computer, however, when I burn them
to DVD the audio and video seem out of sync. I would be grateful for
any suggestions regarding this, or details of another group if I am too
off topic.

The movies I have are AVI's and MPG's. I have Nero 6, Intervideo WinDVD
Creator and RecordNow! software, none of which I am particularly
familiar with but I have had the same problem with all three programs.
If anyone knows of software a little more idiot proof, and therefore
more appropriate for a novice I would be grateful.

My system is a Compaq Presario with AMD Athalon XP 3000+ chip, 2.17 GHz
with 448MB RAM Running Windows XP home, version 2002 Service Pack 1.
With an HP DVD Writer 400c. Writes to DVD +R Disks.

Thank's.
James.

Hi,

I Spent time today reworking the equipment review and feature articles from
my old ISP and making them available again. I'm not completely done and I
still need to tweek a few things, but the mic reviews and a few other
categories are back online. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Ty Ford

stuff are at http://home.comcast.net/~tyreeford

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

James <james.gale@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Hello, I hope this isn't too off topic. I downoad/share using WinMX
>3.31. I recently upgraded to high speed and have downloaded some good
>movies. These play well enough on my computer, however, when I burn them
>to DVD the audio and video seem out of sync. I would be grateful for
>any suggestions regarding this, or details of another group if I am too
>off topic.
>
>The movies I have are AVI's and MPG's. I have Nero 6, Intervideo WinDVD
>Creator and RecordNow! software, none of which I am particularly
>familiar with but I have had the same problem with all three programs.
>If anyone knows of software a little more idiot proof, and therefore
>more appropriate for a novice I would be grateful.
>
>My system is a Compaq Presario with AMD Athalon XP 3000+ chip, 2.17 GHz
>with 448MB RAM Running Windows XP home, version 2002 Service Pack 1.
>With an HP DVD Writer 400c. Writes to DVD +R Disks.
>
>Thank's.
>James.

Try using Ulead Video Studio 8
It's better suited to what you want to do and is easy to use.
You can get a trail version from www.ulead.com

Regards Brian

James

Brian wrote:
> James <james.gale@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>

>>Hello, I hope this isn't too off topic. I downoad/share using WinMX
>>3.31. I recently upgraded to high speed and have downloaded some good
>>movies. These play well enough on my computer, however, when I burn them
>>to DVD the audio and video seem out of sync. I would be grateful for
>>any suggestions regarding this, or details of another group if I am too
>>off topic.
>>
>>The movies I have are AVI's and MPG's. I have Nero 6, Intervideo WinDVD
>>Creator and RecordNow! software, none of which I am particularly
>>familiar with but I have had the same problem with all three programs.
>>If anyone knows of software a little more idiot proof, and therefore
>>more appropriate for a novice I would be grateful.
>>
>>My system is a Compaq Presario with AMD Athalon XP 3000+ chip, 2.17 GHz
>>with 448MB RAM Running Windows XP home, version 2002 Service Pack 1.
>>With an HP DVD Writer 400c. Writes to DVD +R Disks.
>>
>>Thank's.
>>James.
>

> Try using Ulead Video Studio 8
> It's better suited to what you want to do and is easy to use.
> You can get a trail version from www.ulead.com
>
> Regards Brian

Thank's Brian. Tried but this program seems more of an editing tool,
and I'm clueless. Managed to burn one of my avi's but there was some
sort of overlay I could not get rid of throughout the whole movie.

All I want to do is burn, no special effects, titles, etc. I just want
to be able to watch what I download on my DVD player. Maybe I'll have
to do alot more research and learn how to edit etc. or maybe just
download better quality movies?

Thank's for trying.

James.