Question Audio to test/balance Speakers which aren't Symmetrically placed ?

Dylan Beckett

Respectable
Jul 12, 2021
Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good audio (eg on Youtube etc), which I can play/use to balance my speakers on my computer table.
They aren't exactly symmetrically placed because of where the drawers on the left side of the table are.

I manually change the balance in the audio settings on the PC.
For example; right now I have the Left channel at 81% and the Right Channel at 100%.
But it's not quite right.

So I'm wondering if there is a good audio test/track to use to get just the right balance?

Thank you for your help

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Avr's use audyssey microphone and built-in sound track (lots of beeping and funny sounds lol) to calibrate distance / decibels to a central location where the mic sits. Computers don't have such a thing afaik.

If your audio is Realtek then you could try Realtek Audio Console from MS store. It has room correction settings to do with distance and decibels for each speaker, much the same settings an avr has. Bit tedious doing it manually, but long as distance is measured from where you sit and furthest speaker is decibel or two higher it should be pretty close, better than relying on balance anyhow.

For youtube music to help you calibrate, something mono like this

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4zQqgABYCc

Last edited: