cmill78

Reputable
Feb 21, 2016
I recently built a new PC but have had a minor issue that has slowly made me more upset as time goes on. First, here is my new build:

• MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • EVGA 750w Platinum SuperNova PSU
  • 16g Corsair Vengenace RGB Pro RAM
  • MSI R9 390 GPU (the only part I didn't replace new)
  • 1TB Samsung EVO SSD (Windows 10 and games are on this drive), 1TB WD HDD, 1TB Seagate HDD
  • Fractal Design: Define R6 case with 6 fans (3 stock and 3 Fractal Design RGB)
  • Using dual monitors that are a little old (Main Display - Dell 21" about 9 years old, Secondary display - LG 22" that is about 6 years old)
Here is the issue:
Whenever I play games I usually have 1 of VLC, Youtube (Firefox Browser), Netflix, Hulu, etc... running and 1 of two things will happen. 1) Low audio crackle that is instant and short and sometimes, but not always, will pair with...2) Video lag/delay that is corrected by pausing the video and then hitting play again. This doesn't happen all the time and if I reboot it goes away for a day or two. I do not shut my PC off more than once a week as this PC is used a lot but restarting it seems to be the only fix at this point. There is also a slight lag in any game I play that spikes quickly and shortly though FPS does not budge during these spikes that are intermittent.

I know what some of the questions might be that will be asked so I will try to preemptively answer as many as I can:

All drivers have been updated, uninstalled, reinstalled, updated again and again. This includes all hardware and software.

The OS has been freshly installed twice.

All hardware, wires and plug-ins have been tested and re-seated several times.

I have very few programs that run in the background and is usually limited to MSI's RGB program (Dragon Center), and MSI Afterburner. However, all programs have been turned off and/or uninstalled and this anomaly still occurs.

I have also tinkered with most/all audio/video settings of apps/browsers I use.

Is there something I am missing? This is my 5th build and this is the first time I have ever had an issue like this. It is more annoying than anything and am at a loss. I will answer any questions and appreciate any help. Many thanks in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
The OS has been freshly installed twice.
Did you reinstall the OS using Windows Media Creation Tools to fabricate the bootable installer?

Might want to check and see which BIOS version you're currently on for your motherboard. I would advise against using Dragon Center to update your BIOS(not even LiveUpdate 6). If you have BIOS updates pending, manually update the BIOS gradually working your way to the latest version.

By reinstalling, did you manually reinstall them in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Reactions: cmill78

cmill78

Reputable
Feb 21, 2016
The OS was installed with a thumb-drive purchased with Wondows 10 already on it. I have used Live Update 6 to updated BIOS as the instruction manual instructed. I can try to update the BIOS manually next update to see if that fixes this. Andyes, I did reinstall them running as Administrator.