Status
Not open for further replies.

ma11y1

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2007
:bounce: hi guys and girls, long time reader only 15 ish posts....question.

i was looking to get the imon ultra bay for my htpc and i hope this is the correct place for this? now i know they come with a remote but looking at it ive seen better, ive saved enought money for a universal remote and have fallen in love with this....

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/universal_remotes/devices/3898&cl=us,en

just need your experties on this...

thanxs to everyone that replys..

oh yeah sorry mainly listening to mp3s and the usual but want it to do multiple macro commands i.e turn the lights down start the dvd+pc...etc etc need input :pt1cable:

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Have this remote and it works well but it is a bear to set up, or at least I thought it was so maybe it's not that hard. :p Anyway suggest you the set up instructions on the web site but worth the effort if you willing to put the time in. You will need the model of all your equipment and you have to enter the sequence of start ups I beleive

ma11y1

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2007
:bounce: hi there thank you for the reply, have done a bit more research on the product and im going to go for it :ange:
i currently have this piece of junk....(shivers) :whistle:

http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/summary.php?PID=36&Title=Summary

the macro commands for this was so simple to set up, also have the remote control lights programed in to it so if its like this? should just program it in and weh hey... :pt1cable:

umm do you know if they have password or lock functions on it so the misses doesnt mess around with it??? :pt1cable: :lol: :bounce:

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Not sure about password or lock function but it has to be programed on-line so unless she likes to spend time on-line messing with this stuff, shouldn't be a problem. If she does, won't take her long to figure out how to get around any password or lock function :)

ma11y1

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2007
:bounce: thanks g-paw will have a look at the remote and see if it has a password....the m1 i have has had its days of glory will still keep it but only for the light control macro...

thank you for your help.

ma11y1 :hello:

Status
Not open for further replies.