Question Audiodg.exe Spikes Cpu Usage

Sami Elamin

Reputable
Jun 8, 2017
Every 5 minutes or so audiodg.exe spikes my cpu usage to about 50% and any audio im playing cuts out and then comes back a second or 2 later. The video is completely fine and it's not a problem with my USB Headset. audiodg.exe stays at low cpu usage when it's not spiking.
Solutions I've tried:
1 turning off audio enhancements
2 reinstalling lan, and audio drivers
3 turning off HPET
4 lowering the sound quality in control panel
5 DPC Latency checker (no change when spiking)
None of these solutions work. Please help.
I'd like to add that the audio drive I use is USB Audio Device, not RealTek, since I use a USB headset.

I'd like to add that the audio drive I use is USB Audio Device, not RealTek, since I use a USB headset.
Maybe try telling people which exact model of usb audio card you have,maybe it's a common problem and searching for the model in google will give you results?
Did it have any software that came with it?It might make it work better or if you have it it might work better without it.Check if you can enable some buffer/cache so the sound won't cut out.

Also just installing new drivers is not always enough, sometimes you have to completely uninstall the older drivers and only then install the new ones.

Sami Elamin

Reputable
Jun 8, 2017
Maybe try telling people which exact model of usb audio card you have,maybe it's a common problem and searching for the model in google will give you results?
Did it have any software that came with it?It might make it work better or if you have it it might work better without it.Check if you can enable some buffer/cache so the sound won't cut out.

Also just installing new drivers is not always enough, sometimes you have to completely uninstall the older drivers and only then install the new ones.
No software came with it. The headset I use is MPOW EG3 PRO. The driver is a generic driver from microsoft.

Last edited:

Sami Elamin

Reputable
Jun 8, 2017

I still need help man please

TRENDING THREADS