[SOLVED] Aukey KM-G3 double-taps

ultrarunner100

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
Hey guys;
A few years back, I purchased the Aukey KM-G3 mechanical keyboard. For the price, it was a great product; my first mechanical keyboard in a long time.
I enjoyed the keyboard immensely; love the feel of the blue keys. Noisy yes, but I'm using it in a private environment, so no one to disturb.

Now that I have owned the keyboard for a while, I have noticed that several of the keys sometimes produce double or even triple keystrokes.
I have worked around the problem using a utility called 'keyboard chattering fix'. The utility works very well, but I'm starting to wonder whether it's time to upgrade to a better board.
I paid only about $70 for the Aukey, and understand that good mechanical boards cost $150 and up.
So, should I upgrade to a keyboard that uses real Cherry switches, or go with something else.
Since I am planning a new build later this year (I am waiting until the pandemic is over, and the laws of supply and demand have allowed computer component prices to stabilize), I think a new keyboard would be a nice touch.
I like the Aukey for its RGB color options, but I do not need the fancy effects. All I want is a keyboard with keys that I can program for a range of solid and non-animated colors.

Thanks for your help
FW

Solution
Razer does make some decent keyboards but they will cost you a pretty penny. Logitech, on the other hand, is more simplistic and clean with their keyboards.
As for switches, there are many out there on the market. Cherry's are a good starting point but everyone has their preferences. If you like TKL mech keyboards, I use a Tecware Phantom 87 key Keyboard. It is mechanical with outemu brown switches. It is in the PC build link in my description right below this message.

The keyboard is RGB, and has customization options but is not something I have looked into (I really do not care for RGB tbh so I let it do its thing).
Razer does make some decent keyboards but they will cost you a pretty penny. Logitech, on the other hand, is more simplistic and clean with their keyboards.
As for switches, there are many out there on the market. Cherry's are a good starting point but everyone has their preferences. If you like TKL mech keyboards, I use a Tecware Phantom 87 key Keyboard. It is mechanical with outemu brown switches. It is in the PC build link in my description right below this message.

The keyboard is RGB, and has customization options but is not something I have looked into (I really do not care for RGB tbh so I let it do its thing).

Solution

ultrarunner100

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
Thanks for the info. I think I want to avoid the Outemu switches though, as those are the ones the Aukey uses, which I am not so happy with. From some searches, I'm thinking the Kailh or Gateron might be better choices than Cherry (at least for the blue switches).
I'm still a ways off from really needing a new keyboard though; The Aukey is still doing very well considering, and with the software to eliminate chatter, it's working even better.
I did read one blog about replacing the Outemu switches on the Aukey with Cherry or other higher quality. Apparently it is possible, but IMHO, the work required is not worth the savings.

Thanks for the info. I think I want to avoid the Outemu switches though, as those are the ones the Aukey uses, which I am not so happy with. From some searches, I'm thinking the Kailh or Gateron might be better choices than Cherry (at least for the blue switches).
I'm still a ways off from really needing a new keyboard though; The Aukey is still doing very well considering, and with the software to eliminate chatter, it's working even better.
I did read one blog about replacing the Outemu switches on the Aukey with Cherry or other higher quality. Apparently it is possible, but IMHO, the work required is not worth the savings.
Some keyboards are hot-swappable, meaning the switches are not soldered onto the board and can easily be replaced. The Tecware keyboard I use has that feature and may interest you if you want to change switches. Another keyboard you might like is the Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition; pretty solid build quality, pretty good switches and really clean and minimalistic look. Expensive it is, but I would give it a shot down the road if you want.