Question Aura Sync device detection issue after Armoury Crate update

Sep 13, 2022
Hi,

I have an ASUS Prime B560-PLUS motherboard (i7-11700, 32 GB RAM DDR4 3200, using CPU integrated GPU, updated with latest BIOS availabe) with 3 Cooler Master MF120 ARGB fans connected to header "ADD_GEN_2_2".
About 8 months ago I developed a program that "drives" the color of each fan by reading some system parameters (CPU load, CPU temperature, RAM usage ecc...) using the "Aura SDK".
Everything has worked until I updated Armoury Crate a few days ago so I had to disable my program.
Checking the Aura system with "Aura Sync app" instead of 3 led strips (1 led strip is composed by 120 leds, 1 for each fan), now Aura Sync only detects 2 led strips but if I choose one of the available effect, all 3 fans change color according to the selected effect.
I tried to uninstall/reinstall Armoury Crate, uninstall/reinstall Aura Sync but with no success (every "uninstall/reinstall" was followed by a reboot).
What could I check?
Thank you, regards.

Roberto

Sep 13, 2022
I found the cause of the issue.
After I reinstalled Armoury Crate I found that the setting in "Device"--> "Addressable Header"-->"Header 2" was set on "Gen1" instead than "Gen2" and the number of leds was wrong (24 instead of 120).
So I set the "Header 2" on "Gen2" and the correct number of leds for each device and my program started to work again (3 led strips detected as expected).
Regards,

Roberto