Auriga monitors.. any good??

G

Anyone know anything about Auriga monitors??? I saw a 19" one for AUD$449. cheap as... but are they any good??
cheers

It taskes two to lie... one to lie and one to listen...

PCHardstuff

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2001
Stick with brand name Monitors and you will be fine. Avoid very cheap monitors, as they are usually crap and have crappy warranties.

G

Here's a little story you'll like...went down to a computer store where they have advertised the Auriga 19" monitor...it wasn't on display as I know they can't display all monitors...I said do you have one in stock they said yes we do...I said great can I see it as I'm looking for a decent monitor...I wanna see it before I buy...the store manager said no I can't open the box...it will be considered secondhand if I do...I told him...so you want me to get a nice surpirse when I get back home then...I said wouldyou but a suit off me if it cost $750.00 without trying it on first? So he finally opened it...plugged it all up...all I have to say is never buy a monitor without viewing it first...this monitor sucked...the vertical lines where all shot couldnt correct them even with they said was a 64 mb graphics card running at 1280 x 1024...there was more flicker than in the TV series "My friend Flicker".

Buyer beware.

Cheers,
Spatchy