Austrailian volt power supply with canadian bought hardware

ShotgunSven

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
Hello, Im relocating down to Aus later this year and, not wanting to waste all the money ive got in my pc, im planning to bring it down with me. would buying an austrailian standard power supply be all i need to do to get going again? and would my hardware from canada react to a different voltage coming in

Solution

The P4 part of the model number indicates that its an old design without automatic voltage detection and selection and without active power factor correction.

If you see a little red AC voltage selection switch on the power supply make sure it's in the 230 Volt position (i.e. slide the switch so that it displays the number 230).

Orion_power_supply_650w_model_p4_650.png

What is the make and model of your current power supply unit?

If your current power supply has automatic voltage detection and switching then all you may need is a new AC power cord with the correct wall outlet plug.

The P4 part of the model number indicates that its an old design without automatic voltage detection and selection and without active power factor correction.

If you see a little red AC voltage selection switch on the power supply make sure it's in the 230 Volt position (i.e. slide the switch so that it displays the number 230).

Orion_power_supply_650w_model_p4_650.png

Solution