[SOLVED] Authorization Error

jrslexus

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2014
When I initially open my Brave web browser; I get this authorization error.

Sign in with Google Authorization Error Error 400: invalid_request Custom scheme URI not allowed

This appears each time I initially open Brave Browser. I close the authorization error screen and all is well until I start up Brave again.

Any idea what might be causing this. It just surfaced about 3 days ago.

Solution
I was troubleshooting this exact issue for the last few days, and I found out it was an extension causing the problem for me.

Exact extension: Google Keep Chrome Extension

In my Brave settings page for extension management, the extension above was listed as broken. I repaired it, but the Error 400 pop-up was able to persist. So, unfortunately, the only solution was to uninstall it.

If you don't have the mentioned extension:
  1. Turn off all extensions
  2. Try to replicate the error.
A) If the error persists when you close and reopen brave, Good luck because I have no idea..
B) If it doesn't, turn one extension on (one by one) and repeat step 2 until you find the extension that causes the error.
3) Troubleshoot or...
Sep 7, 2022
I was troubleshooting this exact issue for the last few days, and I found out it was an extension causing the problem for me.

In my Brave settings page for extension management, the extension above was listed as broken. I repaired it, but the Error 400 pop-up was able to persist. So, unfortunately, the only solution was to uninstall it.

A) If the error persists when you close and reopen brave, Good luck because I have no idea..
B) If it doesn't, turn one extension on (one by one) and repeat step 2 until you find the extension that causes the error.
3) Troubleshoot or uninstall the culprit extension.

I made this account soly to respond to this hahah, so I hope I could help!

Reactions: Colif
Solution

jrslexus

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2014

Great idea. I turned off and on what few extensions I had and nothing changed. I'll keep looking through the Brave Settings page; had totally forgot about that until you mentioned it.

Reactions: aqbert
Nov 20, 2022

Well, I made this account soly to respond to this and say thanks! lol

Reactions: aqbert