auto brightness controll issues on thinkpad s540

dtuchhypercraft

Prominent
Oct 31, 2017
my thinkpad is having wierd automatic brightnes changes depending whats on screen...
if a dark image is shown the backlight wil go to a minimum when a light image is shown it wil go brighter..
id like to only have a fixed brightnes ive looked everywhere to disable it even contacted lenovo and they dont really understand my qeustion
ive disabled auto dimming in the powerplans yet it keeps doing it

dtuchhypercraft

Prominent
Oct 31, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from dtuchhypercraft : "auto brightness controll issues on thinkpad s540"

my thinkpad is having wierd automatic brightnes changes depending whats on screen...
if a dark image is shown the backlight wil go to a minimum when a light image is shown it wil go brighter..
id like to only have a fixed brightnes ive looked everywhere to disable it even contacted lenovo and they dont really understand my qeustion
ive disabled auto dimming in the powerplans yet it keeps doing it

dtuchhypercraft

Prominent
Oct 31, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from dtuchhypercraft : "thinkpad s540 auto brightness issue"

depending on whats being displayed it wil automaticly dim or brighten the lcd (dark images and the lcd wil dim bright images and it wil lighten up the backlight)
ive tried turning off all auto brightness stuff on windows powerplans yet it keeps adjusting it on its own
any idea how to disable this?

TRENDING THREADS