Auto-enable UAC for SSD software.

Newbiiie

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2014
Hey!

UAC control for my SSD harddrive shows up each time a start my PC and I have to wait to press yes and let it run since it needs Adminstrator rights. Is it possible to change UAC settings for it SPECIFICALLY so I dont have to turn off UAC but at the same time, let it run this software without asking me each time I start my PC?

Solution
Open Task Manager. Select the Startup tab. scroll down to Magician, and right click on it. Select Disable.

Magician is nice, but you do not need to have it sitting in memory constantly. I have the same SSD you do. I did that a long time ago. When I want to use magician, I just click the desktop icon, and use it that way.

Newbiiie

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2014

It is an Samsung EVO 840. The program in mention is the samsung magician. It just watches over the harddrive status, nothing biggie. Performance test, etc. That kind of a program which came with the SSD.

Open Task Manager. Select the Startup tab. scroll down to Magician, and right click on it. Select Disable.

Magician is nice, but you do not need to have it sitting in memory constantly. I have the same SSD you do. I did that a long time ago. When I want to use magician, I just click the desktop icon, and use it that way.

Solution