News Auto-GPT and BabyAGI Are AI’s New Hotness, but They Suck Right Now

Apr 22, 2023
What you describe sounds exactly like my experience dealing with outsourced Indian and Chinese developers. Overpromise, under deliver, don't know their own limitations, afraid to disappoint, will gas light you, and refuse to accept responsibility or be held accountable.

Honestly I could ditch my entire overseas team with this and all I'd notice is the cost savings.

Apr 23, 2023
I have never seen a chatbot that asks follow-up questions to determine what the human wants, even though that would be very helpful. If I was using ChatGPT and I asked for it to write a home page for Geek-in-Chief Designs and I got this kind of vague, made-up copy, I’d write a new prompt that provided a lot more information. However, with an autonomous agent, there’s no chance to intervene until all of the very long list of tasks is completed.

Auto-GPT does allow you to add follow up comments and prompts... Instead of blindly pressing "y" like Homer's bird toy, you should read the prompt.

With his technical knowledge and passion for testing...

Really? How long did you spend? 10 minutes to do the install and glanced at the rest? If this was what you gave me as a resume example, I would kick you out of an interview faster than than you could imagine.

D

Deleted member 14196

🥱🥱 that’s nice dear *Now pick up your toys and clean up your room. Better yet make your chat bot do it

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 23, 2023
You do realize the GIT project is only a few weeks old? There have been over 1000 commits and it's getting more every day. Rather than rip something like this apart, you could be constructive and drop your bias in the garbage where it belongs.

USAFRet

Titan
You do realize the GIT project is only a few weeks old? There have been over 1000 commits and it's getting more every day. Rather than rip something like this apart, you could be constructive and drop your bias in the garbage where it belongs.
Yes, I DO realize these things are in their infancy.
They will get better.

Too many people don't, and white knight these things in their current incarnation as The Second Coming.