installed fax console but will not auto receive,seperate phone line for
fax,windows xp,config fax console to auto recieve still no luck. I have
uninstalled winfax pro manualy and wondered if this was problem.getting very
uptight now been trying to sort problem for 3 months

Fill in the blanks. There is clearly more to this story.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"tich" <tich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> installed fax console but will not auto receive,seperate phone line for
> fax,windows xp,config fax console to auto recieve still no luck. I have
> uninstalled winfax pro manualy and wondered if this was problem.getting
> very
> uptight now been trying to sort problem for 3 months

what blanks i dont understand

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Fill in the blanks. There is clearly more to this story.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "tich" <tich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > installed fax console but will not auto receive,seperate phone line for
> > fax,windows xp,config fax console to auto recieve still no luck. I have
> > uninstalled winfax pro manualy and wondered if this was problem.getting
> > very
> > uptight now been trying to sort problem for 3 months

He's asking for more detailed information such as any error messages you may
get, any event log entries that may be generated when an auto receive should
happen, anything else that may occur when an auto receive should happen.
It's also important to know if the modem you're using is listed in the
Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List:

Windows XP Hardware Compatibility
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/default.mspx

A good many Fax difficulties can be traced to the use of a modem that is NOT
on this list and to NOT using the very latest drivers for modems that are on
the list.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

> what blanks i dont understand
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
> > Fill in the blanks. There is clearly more to this story.
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]
> > "tich" <tich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > installed fax console but will not auto receive,seperate phone line
for
> > > fax,windows xp,config fax console to auto recieve still no luck. I
have
> > > uninstalled winfax pro manualy and wondered if this was
problem.getting
> > > very
> > > uptight now been trying to sort problem for 3 months

Actually I was asking for your installation history of which you gave only a
partial account. You mentioned "WinFax Pro" in your message. It is important
to know what other Fax programs you have or had installed. Even if you
uninstalled WinFax Pro, it will often leave commands written to your modem
that will create TAPI conflicts with other fax programs. Please give a
detailed account of your installation history.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"tich" <tich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> what blanks i dont understand
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Fill in the blanks. There is clearly more to this story.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "tich" <tich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > installed fax console but will not auto receive,seperate phone line for
>> > fax,windows xp,config fax console to auto recieve still no luck. I have
>> > uninstalled winfax pro manualy and wondered if this was problem.getting
>> > very
>> > uptight now been trying to sort problem for 3 months

I installed winfax as i could not find my winfax pro disk,ithen uninstalled
and reinstalled the pro version.could not get it t work right problem with my
disk and symtec would not help as had it 2 yrs.on principle i decided to
purchase 4 team fax for outlook which still did not work and they said poss
winfax pro so manually deleted as instructed by symtec. I have installed and
uninstalled winfax xp so many times and still no joy. i have home network via
earthnet cable,i use broadband for internet,seperate phone line for fax modem
??????? cant think of any thing else

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Actually I was asking for your installation history of which you gave only a
> partial account. You mentioned "WinFax Pro" in your message. It is important
> to know what other Fax programs you have or had installed. Even if you
> uninstalled WinFax Pro, it will often leave commands written to your modem
> that will create TAPI conflicts with other fax programs. Please give a
> detailed account of your installation history.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "tich" <tich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > what blanks i dont understand
> >
> > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Fill in the blanks. There is clearly more to this story.
> >> --
> >> Russ Valentine
> >> [MVP-Outlook]
> >> "tich" <tich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

No wonder. I would remove and reinstall your modem, then make sure this
modem is on the Windows HCL list and running the latest drivers before
trying to install Windows XP Fax.
--
>I installed winfax as i could not find my winfax pro disk,ithen uninstalled
> and reinstalled the pro version.could not get it t work right problem with
> my
> disk and symtec would not help as had it 2 yrs.on principle i decided to
> purchase 4 team fax for outlook which still did not work and they said
> poss
> winfax pro so manually deleted as instructed by symtec. I have installed
> and
> uninstalled winfax xp so many times and still no joy. i have home network
> via
> earthnet cable,i use broadband for internet,seperate phone line for fax
> modem
> ??????? cant think of any thing else
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Actually I was asking for your installation history of which you gave
>> only a
>> partial account. You mentioned "WinFax Pro" in your message. It is
>> important
>> to know what other Fax programs you have or had installed. Even if you
>> uninstalled WinFax Pro, it will often leave commands written to your
>> modem
>> that will create TAPI conflicts with other fax programs. Please give a
>> detailed account of your installation history.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "tich" <tich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > what blanks i dont understand

i have checked and reinstalled,lucent win fax still no luck

>i have checked and reinstalled,lucent win fax still no luck
>
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> No wonder. I would remove and reinstall your modem, then make
>> sure this
>> modem is on the Windows HCL list and running the latest drivers
>> before
>> trying to install Windows XP Fax.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "tich" <tich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I installed winfax as i could not find my winfax pro disk,ithen
>> >uninstalled
>> > and reinstalled the pro version.could not get it t work right
>> > problem with
>> > my
>> > disk and symtec would not help as had it 2 yrs.on principle i
>> > decided to
>> > purchase 4 team fax for outlook which still did not work and
>> > they said
>> > poss
>> > winfax pro so manually deleted as instructed by symtec. I have
>> > installed
>> > and
>> > uninstalled winfax xp so many times and still no joy. i have
>> > home network
>> > via
>> > earthnet cable,i use broadband for internet,seperate phone line
>> > for fax
>> > modem
>> > ??????? cant think of any thing else

Modems only would on line one of a two line system. If the fax line
is line two, the signal just passes through the modem from line in
to telephone out. Are you talking about WinFax from Symantec or the
Windows XP fax program included with Windows XP?

--
Earl F. Parrish

windows xp winfax if you can tell me how to find the info you want i will try
to locate it but you will have to tel me how
thanks tich

> windows xp winfax if you can tell me how to find the info you want
> i will try
> to locate it but you will have to tel me how
> thanks tich

As I stated in my previous message, WinFax is a product from
Symantec. The fax program included with Windows XP is simply
called Windows Fax. I did not ask you for any information. I had a
typographical error in my message. I meant to type that a modem
only works on line one of a multiline phone jack. If your modem is
connected to line two, you will need an adapter to make the
dedicated fax line use the center pair of wires rather than the
outside pair.

--
Earl F. Parrish

Still trying hard with this fax problem,cant receive fax at all but can still
send.
I have phone line for fax seperate line for broadband modem

"Earl F. Parrish" wrote:

> "tich" <tich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > windows xp winfax if you can tell me how to find the info you want
> > i will try
> > to locate it but you will have to tel me how
> > thanks tich
> >
> As I stated in my previous message, WinFax is a product from
> Symantec. The fax program included with Windows XP is simply
> called Windows Fax. I did not ask you for any information. I had a
> typographical error in my message. I meant to type that a modem
> only works on line one of a multiline phone jack. If your modem is
> connected to line two, you will need an adapter to make the
> dedicated fax line use the center pair of wires rather than the
> outside pair.
>
> --
> Earl F. Parrish

TRENDING THREADS