Auto-Update with Local Account?

Bscull12

Honorable
Apr 19, 2017
So I do not think that Windows 10 is updating itself for me. Every day I come home and hit "Check for Updates" and there is always something, usually Windows Defender related. I want to have every single update download and install outside of active hours. In "Advanced Options" in Update & Security there is no option for Auto-Updating. I am on a local account. Do I need to sign in via Microsoft in order to unlock this?

Solution
Window Defender virus definition is always updated daily provided you start your PC daily. With Window 10 you will get auto update if there is an update for your PC and thats' the reason some people i included dislike Window 10 auto update because we cannot control the update time.

traxxmy

Distinguished
BANNED
Dec 1, 2015
Window Defender virus definition is always updated daily provided you start your PC daily. With Window 10 you will get auto update if there is an update for your PC and thats' the reason some people i included dislike Window 10 auto update because we cannot control the update time.

Solution

traxxmy

Distinguished
BANNED
Dec 1, 2015

12days with no reply. Anyone would have bump post in just few days of no reply. At least the poster wait for 2 weeks

USAFRet

Titan

And the first 'bump' was after 4 hours.

You're not allowed to bump, but you are allowed to edit your original post; which effectively "bumps" it up to the top of the recent posts. So, editing your post to give more details or ask your question in a different way is the best way to "bump" a thread.