Autoexec.nt start up error

HI all
I get this message when starting my pc
16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem
C:\Windows|System32|Autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running
MS=DOS and microsoft windows applications. Choose "close" to terminate the
application

then have the

close ignor buttons

I have tried the resolution at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

any other sites or programs out there that can felp me
I dont have a windows xp home edition cd as its a HP system

please reply to darren44(removethisbit)@optusnet.com.au

darren44 wrote:

> HI all
> I get this message when starting my pc
> 16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem
> C:\Windows|System32|Autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running
> MS=DOS and microsoft windows applications. Choose "close" to terminate the
> application
>
> then have the
>
> close ignor buttons
>
> I have tried the resolution at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767
>
> any other sites or programs out there that can felp me
> I dont have a windows xp home edition cd as its a HP system
>
> please reply to darren44(removethisbit)@optusnet.com.au

Hi

You can put back the standard version of autoexec.nt/config.nt by
copying a backup copy held in %windir%\repair\ to %windir%\system32\
(%windir% is typically C:\Windows) instead of using the procedure in
the KB article above.

Could be caused a trojan or something similar, e.g.
TrojanDownloader.Win32.Dia.a, more about this here:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=5f6f139.0409140618.749324fe%40posting.google.com

Also, AVAST (antivirus software) can be the cause if you
have WinXP SP2 installed:
http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=8PCdnSzBqtmadsPcRVn-gQ%40comcast.com

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: