Can anyone advise , every time i start up my computer up pops a window in
top left corner . with a flash torch looking for something the box is headed
autoplay, i have formatted c drive several times but it still comes on , and
when it does it interups what i am typing etc

How to ask a newsgroup question:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Blueboy969" <Blueboy969@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Can anyone advise , every time i start up my computer up pops a window in
| top left corner . with a flash torch looking for something the box is
headed
| autoplay, i have formatted c drive several times but it still comes on ,
and
| when it does it interups what i am typing etc

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001

/Blueboy969/ said:

> Can anyone advise, every time I start up my computer up pops a window in
> top left corner with a flash torch looking for something. The box is headed
> autoplay. I have formatted c drive several times but it still comes on, and
> when it does it interrupts what I am typing.

Is there a card in your card reader? Or perhaps a disk in a removable
drive? Try removing them.

Good info on autoplay can be had at Kelly's site, linked below.

--
For most XP answers and tweaks...
http://dougknox.com http://aumha.org

It sounds like one of your startup programs can't be found.
Run msconfig.exe and click the Startup tab.
Review the list of programs listed and make sure each file is listed
in the location listed.
When you find the entry that can't be found, decide if it's an important
entry
(if in doubt ask in here), if not, uncheck the box next to it's entry.