Automatic reboot running heavy games

Fazkool

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
Hello everyone, I'm new here, sorry if I'm in a wrong section.

I have a PC built approx. 4 months ago and still doing well until today without changing anything since then. Here is the specs :
Processor Intel Core i5 4430 3.0Ghz
Motherboard ASRock H81M
4GB RAM Corsair Vengeance
PSU Corsair VS 550w
Zotac GTX 760 Amp! Edition

First couple of months, it ran smoothly with no problem, even when playing heavy games on 1080p. But few weeks ago, I was trying to play my Black Flag (which ran smoothly before) but after going through the menus (sometimes even before) and loading, my PC suddenly rebooted itself without any notice (No weird sounds, no BSOD, no freeze). It's the same with any heavy game that I could play before. Some of them could run on lower resolution and graphic settings, but it always reboots when I try to play 1080p. These are what I have been trying to do :

- CPU stress test = no problem
- Furmark = reboots on 1080p
- Updating and rolling back drivers = no changes

One theory I assume is that it overheated, because my mobo has the auto-reboot enabled to prevent overheating, but what I'm most afraid of is that there's probably a problem with the graphics card, because it's the most expensive component.

So what should I do? Should I buy new PSU/GPU or try to fix things up?

Thanks in advance, your answers are really appreciated :)

Fazkool

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014

Not yet but I'll try those when I get home

Fazkool

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
Hi, I already tried both. The max GPU Temp is 52 C while CPU is 51 C, both while loading the game which is also when it reboots. Heaven benchmark at default settings is, you guessed it, PC reboots less than 1 second after the the loading's completed

It doesn't look like overheating. It's probably the PSU. Change the PSU to a better quality one

Fazkool

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
Thanks for the answers, I figured it's because of the PSU. Any recommendations that fit with this build? The budget doesn't matter, as long as it fits well with the build for a couple of years