[SOLVED] Automatic Repair can’t fix my PC. I can’t even reset it, either.

Aug 13, 2021
A few hours ago, I opened Command Prompt and programmed my PC to shut down after about 2 hours. I had a game installation in the background but I didn’t want to let my PC run for no reason and I had to leave soon, so I decided to do that.

The command was “shutdown -s -t (insert numerical value in seconds here, mine was 6000 or something)”

I come home. I turn on my PC, it says out of nowhere that the automatic repair attempts to fix my pc. Obviously, nothing happens. I attempt a shut down, then come back to the same thing. Not wanting to mess anything up, I click on “Reset this PC”. I get the error “there was a problem trying to restart your PC.”

I tried every possible trick I found on YouTube in Command Prompt, like “scf /scannow”, and “/bootfix” .I tried tutorials where I’m supposed to copy or make a new C directory or something, and still it’s not working. It either says that Windows Diagnostics can’t fix the issue, or that I have access denied. There is always a little something in Command Prompt that prevents me from fixing this, at least with every solution I tried now. And no, obviously, I can’t actually access the PC. I’m stuck in the blue screen where no Troubleshooting solution works, I can’t reset my PC, and my only option is Command Prompt or moving to the hardware to try and fix this.

Anyone know what the hell is up with it? I’m guessing it might be the hard drive, it’s old and I don’t have an SSD. Something might have happened from the abrupt shut down.

I’m willing to try and fix this by working on the hardware too, as long as it works. Anyone have anything? Or is it time for an upgrade?

D

Deleted member 14196

Boot to a USB windows 10 install and do the repair from there

Use the windows media creation tool to create a USB installer

Aug 13, 2021
Use the media creation tool found on this link to create a USB drive.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
I put in Command Prompt for the Automatic Repair to stop appearing, I saw this in a guide. And now I get an error saying winload.exe is missing instead of the Automatic Repair, I can’t do anything. I assume this issue can still be fixed by installing Windows 10 from scratch on that USB?