Question Automatic Repair Fail Want to Copy User Profile

xaeriee

Reputable
Aug 3, 2017
I found my HP Envy Win10 booting to the splash screen showing, "preparing automatic repair" > "diagnosing your PC" and ending on Automatic Repair. So I went into advanced options but I can't use any of the repair options because they all want me to choose my profile and login. Which would be fine but they all say incorrect password. My outlook password is correct, I tested by logging on to my laptop with it, and my phone. I can't open the command prompt to troubleshoot, do a system restore, run startup repair, or change startup settings without a "correct" password. I'm frustrated at this part because my password IS correct.

Which leads me to how I'm now not sure how to get my user profile/data off, or how to fix the issue here.

I feel like if I could just get into cmd I could maybe copy my user profile to another flash drive or external HDD. I could also look at the C:\Windows\System32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt to see what exactly is broken. But I can't get to CMD!

I tried Recovery Manager because apart from safe mode (which also entered repair mode) it was the only option that didn't require me to login to my profile. The recovery manager uses the hp file backup program (with cyberlink?), and it says there is currently not enough space available on the system partition. Recovery Manager has no problem scanning through my user profile and the win/sxs directory. It calculated about 380GB. I have a 64 GB flash drive and a 1TB HDD. I had created a recovery partition a while back too but I don't know where anything is sitting because I can't get to CMD.

I do have the option without my profile to use a device which allows USB/CD, USB HDD, UEFI: Ipv4, UEFI: Ipv6, HDD, UEFI: Network Device, UEFI: Removable Device, and UEFI: CD/DVD.