Question Automatic repair restart loop

Mar 14, 2020
Hello,
So, I am having a nightmare at the moment...

last time I turned my Samsung chronos 7 laptop off it said to restart and update so I did.. then the trouble started, booted back up and shows the Samsung logo then goes to automatic repair but keeps crashing/restarting before it does anything,
I cannot access bios anymore and is in a constant loop.
here is what I have tried so far:

every type of function key to access bios

force shutdowns

took battery out to try force shutdowns

took ram out

unhooked cmos battery for at least 2mins

windows media creation tool on usb and took hdd disk out to see if it would boot from usb

took hdd out and booted said all boot options failed push f4 for recovery, I did that and it went back to looping then I took out hdd again and when it said push f4 i reconnected hdd and it went into recovery but it gave me no option to maintain user data

if I could just get it to boot from usb I could run repair like I had to do a while back for a different problem.
Any help would be much appreciated.

my last 2 options are
Try usb keyboard ( have not got one at the moment )
Get a new hdd and fresh install windows and get data from old hdd in caddy.

pulling out what little hair I have left!
Dan

Mar 14, 2020
Update:

after a long while of getting nowhere fast, I did something which will probably be frowned upon...
Got my hammer out and BOOM!!
Nah, nearly though..

I disconnected the main OS HDD mid boot while the usb media creation boot drive was inserted then plugged the HDD back in and I managed to get windows repair thing pop up.
I tried fix start up - didn’t work
Tried uninstall latest quality updates - didn’t work
Tried uninstall latest feature updates - said could not do it as there were pending updates...
Wouldn’t boot from usb
Went to command prompt option and typed in ‘boot default safe mode minimal’ (it was something like that) and the restarted and booted into safe mode!i left it for a while then restarted and it said ‘if you want to upgrade remove media an click yes or clean install press no’ I don’t want a clean install so I removed usb and clicked yes. It the got stuck in diagnosing your computer the running check disc and back and forth. Left it for a while again and it finally booted normally... phew, something was still not right so I went to settings and windows update, feature update 1909 had failed to install. After it had checked for updates it came up with the 1909 and began downloading and installing-5 hours later it was ready to restart and install. 2 hours more It’s now working on updates 92%

damn windows updates!!!!

Next post will be very short - it will either be working or not

Latest posts