[SOLVED] Automatically grant administrative permission to commonly used programs

Bobbrugge

Honorable
May 2, 2014
Every time I restart my computer, I have to grant administrative permission on programs that I have set to start on start up. Like speedfan, flow control, afterburner and LED sinc.
Sure, it's a pain in the ...neck, and it's only 4 button clicks. The problem arises if the computer decides to restart for either an update, or for no reason at all.
If a family member is trying to start or use the computer and these things pop up, they have no idea what they are.
So how do I set the computer to automatically grant administrative permissions to the programs I have set to start on start up?
I am using windows 10 home, single user account, lovingly built by me, overclocked 20 ish %
TIA!
Specs available on request.

Solution
Microsoft intentionally makes it difficult to bypass the UAC prompt for a reason: security. You don't want to give most programs Admin access to your PC.

You don't need to create a batch file. That was another attempt to get it working. Just read the message that has the green border around it, or look at the tenforums tutorial. You will have to create a Scheduled Task to run the program in admin mode, and then a shortcut to link to that Scheduled Task to put in your startup folder. You will have to do this for all 4 of them. It is a complicated route, but works. But, if you're not comfortable with creating batch file then you may not be comfortable with creating tasks either. Find a family member or friend that can help you.

Bobbrugge

Honorable
May 2, 2014
you can turn off uac. but do worry about malware and virus.
schedule backup and malware scan
I don't understand, can you explain a little better? maybe give step by step directions? I have virus scan set to run every day at midnight. I don't want to grant administrative permission to everything, just a handful of things.

Bobbrugge

Honorable
May 2, 2014

gardenman

Splendid
Microsoft intentionally makes it difficult to bypass the UAC prompt for a reason: security. You don't want to give most programs Admin access to your PC.

You don't need to create a batch file. That was another attempt to get it working. Just read the message that has the green border around it, or look at the tenforums tutorial. You will have to create a Scheduled Task to run the program in admin mode, and then a shortcut to link to that Scheduled Task to put in your startup folder. You will have to do this for all 4 of them. It is a complicated route, but works. But, if you're not comfortable with creating batch file then you may not be comfortable with creating tasks either. Find a family member or friend that can help you.

Solution