AutoPlay videos on practically every article page ?

Crag_Hack

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2015
What's up with these flippin autoplay videos I see on practically every Toms Hardware article I read? They're not even ads why are we bombarded with this annoying article reading spam that probably very few people view anyways? It's quite a detriment to the easy of reading articles it interferes with reading every single time. Is there an option somewhere to disable these videos? Why are they there in the first place?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Those videos are a feature of almost every website run by Future (people who own Tom's) and they are indeed annoying. Somehow they don't play sound for me but as you say, every page they will follow you around once you scroll past them. Its enough to make some people not read our articles.

Is there an option somewhere to disable these videos? Why are they there in the first place?

I wish there was, but front pages not linked to forum accounts in that way, so changing settings here does nothing.

I have no control over what happens on front page (or really what is posted here by admin since I am but a volunteer)

Crag_Hack

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2015
It's amazing how inept people can be about such things. I'm guessing some head honcho thinks the videos are a good thing... but he/she is definitely mistaken.

Crag_Hack

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2015
I don't suppose we can contact whoever's in charge ha... can you as a volunteer forward the information somewhere? Do you know the head honcho's address maybe I could knock on his door and complain lol.