• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Aux headset isn't being recognized

Jun 9, 2020
Hello. I have a x99 g1 gaming wifi motherboard and for some reason it's not recognizing that i have a headset plugged in-neither front ports, nor the back ones are recognizing it. The pc is only recognizing my monitor as an output device and when i connect my headset to the monitor i can hear sound. I tried downloading realtek but it's not compatible with my motherboard so I found on gigabyte's official site that a creative driver is compatible so i tried downloading it and it gave me an errror that it's not compatible. I removed my ram and placed 2 in the grey sockets and 2 in the black ones ( before they were all in the grey ones i dont know if that's important) so when I turned on my pc and tried downloading the driver it worked and i could hear sound an my mic was working too (the problem isn't in my headset). Now today the ports aren't recognizing my headset again neither is the Creative driver. I really don't know what else to do. Any ideas?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts