[SOLVED] Av reciever Pioneer vsx-323-k vs Sound Blaster AE-7

Nov 13, 2019
Hello,

I want to upgrade my audio setup. I would like to know which device will send better signal to my 5.1 speakers.

I have a possibility to buy second hand AV reciever Pioneer vsx-323-k or I'm thinking of buying new AE-7 Sound blaster sound card.

Which will produce better quality of sound for casual gaming? HDMI from graphics card through the Pioneer reciever to the speakers? Or classic analog (or optical) directly from the AE-7 sound card to the speakers?

Solution
An AVR will mostly be superior in quality but there's more cost involved. Speakers + sub appropriate for the AVR can cost a bit.

I have experience with GPU HDMI audio to an Yamaha Rx1800 7.1, connected with Dali fronts, rears, sides, centre and twin Jensen subs front and back (Daisy chained). Very impressive if space allows a setup to utilize an AVR. If you can manage the space then AVR all the way.
Nov 13, 2019
I currently have shitty genius sw-5.1 1500 which of course i want to upgrade aswell. Though I would like to know which device will produce better sound before buying new speakers.

My current speakers are connected via speaker wire to the subwoofer and subwoofer is connected to my motherboard via classic jacks.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
An AVR will mostly be superior in quality but there's more cost involved. Speakers + sub appropriate for the AVR can cost a bit.

I have experience with GPU HDMI audio to an Yamaha Rx1800 7.1, connected with Dali fronts, rears, sides, centre and twin Jensen subs front and back (Daisy chained). Very impressive if space allows a setup to utilize an AVR. If you can manage the space then AVR all the way.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS