Question AV1 encoding in ShadowPlay dropping frames on 4070

Encoding uses resources so at scenarios with high usage without encoding the encoding can push it over the edge (above 100% usage)
List your components, the games you play and the usage of CPU and GPU you get in those games and people will tell you the best strategy to follow.
Basically if you have plenty of CPU idling you can use CPU encoding or if you have an intel CPU with igpu you can use quicksync.

Jun 4, 2024
Encoding uses resources so at scenarios with high usage without encoding the encoding can push it over the edge (above 100% usage)
List your components, the games you play and the usage of CPU and GPU you get in those games and people will tell you the best strategy to follow.
Basically if you have plenty of CPU idling you can use CPU encoding or if you have an intel CPU with igpu you can use quicksync.
Ryzen 7 5700g
MSI 4070 Ventus 2x
32gb of RAM

My video had frame drops in ShadowPlay AV1 on Halo MCC (which I can easily break 200FPS in), which means it's not an issue of the GPU being overloaded...

Ryzen 7 5700g
MSI 4070 Ventus 2x
32gb of RAM

My video had frame drops in ShadowPlay AV1 on Halo MCC (which I can easily break 200FPS in), which means it's not an issue of the GPU being overloaded...
Do you need to play it in 200FPS and record it in... how many FPS do you try to record in anyway?!
If you record at 60 you can also frame rate limit it at 60, or even above that, but you don't need to run it at 200 either.

Jun 4, 2024
Do you need to play it in 200FPS and record it in... how many FPS do you try to record in anyway?!
If you record at 60 you can also frame rate limit it at 60, or even above that, but you don't need to run it at 200 either.
I record in 60FPS, and my GPU does not hit 90% usage while recording