AVADirect's Avalanche Gaming PC Features Water Cooling With Hard Tubing

Status
Not open for further replies.

arossetti

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
I bet their slogan is "A sucker is born every minute!" Almost 6k for the "ultimate"? You can build that system full water cooling and all (with hard pipes) for half that. A quick google search to find the OC tolerances, and a few hours testing for stability is not worth a 3k premium.

Seriously, my time is valuable but I rather spend it doing a little research, building the system, and bending the pipes than working OT to pay for someone else to do it for me!

Larry Litmanen

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
I bet their slogan is "A sucker is born every minute!" Almost 6k for the "ultimate"? You can build that system full water cooling and all (with hard pipes) for half that. A quick google search to find the OC tolerances, and a few hours testing for stability is not worth a 3k premium.

Seriously, my time is valuable but I rather spend it doing a little research, building the system, and bending the pipes than working OT to pay for someone else to do it for me!

Of course you can do it yourself. Just like you can tint your own windows and put a tripe on your hood. At the end of the day the work that you will do will not be nearly as good as something done by a professional who does 10 of these a day.

Yes there's a premium, and for that price i'd like to see a X99 system. But pictures look amazing, everything is done perfectly, great components. You can buy this system, update the GPU (which is pretty good in this system) in 3 years and you have an amazing looking PC that is silent, has good specks, everything is overclocked and all that will last you a good 5-6 years.

leeb2013

Honorable
"much of what you're paying for is the premier water cooling system and the overclocking services by AVADirect"

"AVADirect offers GPU overclocking free of charge"

so the premium is really just for the hard tubing then!

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
The biggest problem with water cooling is the GPU heatsinks. They usually seem to run about $120/card which is just a massive expense. It's what has stopped me going this route on my last 2 PC's. Plus Air cooling does just as good a job for the CPU which make you wonder why you would bother other than some noise reduction.

dstarr3

Distinguished
Hard tubing certainly improves the look of a water-cooled build, but damn, is it a pain when you want to change or maintain some components. But I suppose the people that can afford this kind of machine don't upgrade computer components. They just buy whole new rigs every six months and throw the old ones in the trash.

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Doing the hard tubing is fairly tedious work. I've built 4 machines with hard tubes so far, and it's a very difficult thing to get 100% perfect every time. Even with all the right tools. It does take quite a bit of practice, and skill to get it all good

Status
Not open for further replies.