Available Physical Memory CONSIDERABLY lower than usual.

jvjakesta

Reputable
Jul 6, 2015
I've noticed some slowdowns in my computer and decided to poke around a little bit.

I've noticed something that caught my eye when looking at my task manager, in particular how much RAM was being used when I had edge open. (It told me almost 95% of my ram was being utilized!)

I thought to myself "This isn't normal, I need to do some research on what's going on here."

First place I thought to check was my system information to see how much ram shows up.

I get to the System menu, and see that I have 16gb installed. Nice. All showing up.

I go next to the System Information menu, and here's what I saw:

Installed Physcial Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.12 GB

Is this something normal? I don't particularly think it is as my task manager sees my percentage rate of Edge (Which is utilizing 800 MB) at 91% currently.

What are the steps I could take in finding out what my problem is here?
Any information is appreciated.

Specs:
MSI Z-97 Gaming 7 Motherboard
i5-4690K Processor
GTX 1080 GPU
EVGA G2 750W PSU
PNY Anarchy 16GB DDR3
120GB SSD, 1TB HDD
H100i Cooler

Solution
Try Win+R, and type 'resmon'. See how much RAM is being used by allocation (i.e. Hardware reserved, In Use, Modified, Standy and Free). You might also glean more info from what's going on by going down the processes (or use Task Manager with 'show all processes from all users' enabled).
Try Win+R, and type 'resmon'. See how much RAM is being used by allocation (i.e. Hardware reserved, In Use, Modified, Standy and Free). You might also glean more info from what's going on by going down the processes (or use Task Manager with 'show all processes from all users' enabled).

Solution