Question average cost of custom loop?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jostegogar

Reputable
Mar 26, 2019
hi im looking for solutions to cool down my pc. and i think custom seems best option since both my gpu and cpu are suffering from high temps. i want know the average cost in US dollar. also my gpu is asus DUAL gtx 1660Ti . is that PCB compatible with custom loop?

jostegogar

Reputable
Mar 26, 2019
While I think you can put together a respectable loop in your case for a bit less, there's a significant initial outlay. A decent pump alone is going to use up this budget and given that this is a long-term investment, I'd be looking more at pumps in the $250-$300 range.

I only do custom loops for friends/colleagues who really want it. For my own needs, I'm lazy so I'll use H100i or big air.
for cpu yeah man its ez pz just buy 50 dollar cooler and u are good to go. but my main problem is the gpu (i wish companies would just sell us the PCB and let us choose what cooler we want just like we buy aftermarket coolers for cpu )
first i thought its going to cost 200 roughly 300 dollars and i believe its worthed in case i wanted to buy better cpu in future and do some overclocking i dont have to worry about cooling.

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
for cpu yeah man its ez pz just buy 50 dollar cooler and u are good to go. but my main problem is the gpu (i wish companies would just sell us the PCB and let us choose what cooler we want just like we buy aftermarket coolers for cpu )
first i thought its going to cost 200 roughly 300 dollars and i believe its worthed in case i wanted to buy better cpu in future and do some overclocking i dont have to worry about cooling.
The main cost factor are not the waterblocks that you buy for the cpu or gpu. Its the stuff that forms your loop that gets expensive. You pay for every radiator, every single fitting and every angled adapter. I bought my fittings via aliexpress for 2.5 euro a piece. If you buy EK fittings its like 8 euro a piece and you need 10 at a minimum, more likely 12 or 14. Every 90 adapter is 10 euro.

Thats the costs that you easily overlook before you really start planning. Watercooling is a fun experiment, not a price/performance decision. I will report back in november if it worked out for me and my itx beast.