Mar 3, 2019
Hello!
First post here.

I'm facing an issue that has left me helpless and I hope I can find some help here.

I want to record videos in 4K60fps on my PC.
While after the editing, the video will only be rendered in 1080p60fps, I want the footage to be in 4K60fps so I can zoom into the video without losing quality.

Now, my nvidia gtx 1060 6GB and i78700K could not handle that (obviously), so I invested in the AverMedia live gamer portable 2+, which is capable of capturing 4K60fps video.

The issue is that in order for it to work, I need to plug it to the HDMI port on my PC, and then from the capture card, another HDMI cable is supposed to go into the screen.

Aaaaand... my monitor does not have any HDMI 2.0 ports. It is only capable of displaying 4K60FPS through displayport. And the capture card does not have any displayport ports.

I've been googlesearching for a cable or adapter HDMI to Displayport capable of supporting 4K60fps, but only found Displayport to HDMI, or HDMI to displayport for 1080p/4K30fps.

Do you have any ideas?

Thank you in advance for the help <3

Rather than using the capture card as a passthrough to your monitor, try plugging them in separately (Avermedia via HDMI and monitor via DP). The Avermedia will show up as a separate monitor in Windows, and just set the system to duplicate the same display to both "screens".

Mar 3, 2019
Update:

Nope. That did not work.

After I unplugged the monitor from the capture card, it does not allow me to change the resolution of the picture going through it to 4K.
If I set it to copy the image from the 4K monitor, they are both forced into 1080p.

I checked the cable, and it's HDMI 2.0, so that's not hte issue, I checked the ports on the GPU, they are also HDMI 2.0.
The card itself must be capable of capturing 4K60FPS since that is the selling point and the only significant upgrade from Live Gamer Portable 2 to Live Gamer Portable 2+

Update:

Nope. That did not work.

After I unplugged the monitor from the capture card, it does not allow me to change the resolution of the picture going through it to 4K.
If I set it to copy the image from the 4K monitor, they are both forced into 1080p.

I checked the cable, and it's HDMI 2.0, so that's not hte issue, I checked the ports on the GPU, they are also HDMI 2.0.
The card itself must be capable of capturing 4K60FPS since that is the selling point and the only significant upgrade from Live Gamer Portable 2 to Live Gamer Portable 2+
Try setting a custom resolution (instructions in section 6.3 here).

Mar 3, 2019
Try setting a custom resolution (instructions in section 6.3 here).

Now that kinda worked.
It did work in the sense that now the "Capture card screen" is displaying in 4K and I could duplicate the two screens.

It did not work because the recording I've taken from the capture card is just 1080p streached to 4K. The image is blurry, not sharp at all, and even downgraded from a regular 1080p.

It still shows 1080p as the recommended resolution too.

It is probably just an issue with how the capture card presents itself when there is no output monitor connected to it, not sure what else can be done. To be honest capture cards are intended for recording on a separate computer/device than the one generating the game. If you're just recording your PC gameplay then it would probably be better to use software capture with OBS or something like that anyway.