[SOLVED] AVerMedia C027 is not detected in Windows in a new PC with a new Windows install with all drivers installed.

ArAnd0mPers0n

Reputable
May 8, 2015
I've tried reinstalling all the drivers, I've reinstalled all the capture software, I've forced driver installation, I even installed older versions to see if it would work, but to no avail. Tried googling for help, couldn't get anywhere, and /r/techsupport on Reddit had literally no answers, not even a single reply from them.

The card worked just fine in another PC as well, but it doesn't work in this new build. Please help, this build of mine is for my brother and he needs the capture card to work.

CPU: i5-2400
Motherboard: Dell Optiplex 390 board
RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHZ DDR3
GPU: R7-250

Solution
Does the card show up in device manager? And if so, does it show as having issues? Have you tried the other pci-e slots on the motherboard?

ArAnd0mPers0n

Reputable
May 8, 2015
Does the card show up in device manager? And if so, does it show as having issues? Have you tried the other pci-e slots on the motherboard?
The card didn't show up in Device Manager.

There are only 3 usable slots on the board, there are 4 but the 2nd one is blocked by the GPU.

All slots were also used, one for a GPU, one for a WiFi card, one for the capture card.

Oddly enough, even though I didn't think it would work since the board was barely used, swapping the positions of the capture card and WiFi card on the motherboard actually fixed the issue! What's even more unusual is that the WiFi card works as well, so neither one of the slots had issues.

Though it only works in AVerMedia's software now and not in OBS, as OBS detects it now but will not display anything, that problem I'll resolve later as my brother just needs his PC to display the output of his Xbox for the time being (he has no TV as of now).

I also found that the card was a little loose in the OEM case I put the entire build in (my goal for this build was a compact sleeper PC that looked like an aging HP desktop) so I also mounted the PCI-E slot faceplate directly to the case as well using a short sheet metal screw so hopefully there's no connection problems that could pop up later.