Avexir S100 LED SSD Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glock24

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2014
Why on earth does this exist? It has non-standard height, low performance for it' s price and probably low endurance. Also, who need LEDs on a SSD? I know aesthethics are subjective, but it looks like something I'll give to my 3-year old.

mll0576

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
Uhhh how can you review a LED ssd without pictures of it's ONLY feature that makes it stand out??? DUUHHHH

mll0576

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012

Then the photographer should be fired - u can hardly see it.

"If you are shopping for this SSD, you are likely more concerned with the look of the drive than its performance."

Precisely. Sums it up right there.

"Hopefully, the crowdfunding support isn't an indication of how much Avexir overestimated the market size for this product."

Maybe not. But one can hope.

geckokceg

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
I bought 2 480GB ones off the kick starter. They both have write errors and fail smart test. I can't even get windows to install them. I have emailed there RMA and help line server times with no response. They do look cool in a NXZT s340. I went back to the Samsung 840 pro's I had they work great.

milli

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
'The S100's asynchronous MLC flash acts more like TLC when it is in steady state. The JMF670H controller is the likely source of the problem.'
'You might expect consistent sequential write performance with the Avexir's MLC flash, but that wasn't always the case.'

It's asynchronous MLC. I think it's been established thoroughly with the V300 that the culprit is much more the asynchronous MLC than the controller. Asynchronous MLC is just very slow, no matter the controller.

But... the pretty, shiny, blinky lights! Surely those are what matter most!? =P

CRamseyer

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2015
It is shiny with blinky lights. Sometimes shiny things make us do stupid things. The other day I bought a 370Z Nismo because it was shiny and had blinky things. I knew it had a poorly designed clutch slave cylinder design but I bought it anyway. Two days into Nismo-bliss the CSC went out and my clutch is stuck to the floor. Thankfully it is under warranty. Don't let your SSD clutch stick to the floor. :)

GECKOKCEG - send me a message on Facebook and I will forward a contact at Avexir that can get your RMA squared away.

gunbust3r

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
So it only light up an ugly blue and the part that looks like smoked plastic one would imagine is the light up part does not? Wow, just wow. Oh and it performs like crap...

Status
Not open for further replies.