Avexir Technologies Enters SSD Market With Flashy S100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having used their RAM in my system for a few years now and received excellent customer service the one time I had to contact them, I'm excited to see Avexir venture into SSDs. They manufacturer their own RAM modules, I wonder if they are doing the same here too and how well they perform.

3ogdy

Distinguished
OK, only the power on light - no HDD LED, no optical drive LED, no status and control LEDs on the motherboard. Mice should not use IR, monitors should give you no way of telling whether they're on or off and debugging and system checks will be done by Hitler.

The performance is listed as 540 reads 480 write and 80K IOPS. Not bad.

I do wonder if they are making their own NAND though. That is a big cost to take on though as they would need to make a new FAB and license a process from someone.

They might have their own process, or managed to take over a fab someone was closing maybe. Hard to say. I know they used to work as an OEM for a larger RAM maker (Kingston I think). So they must have some amount of their own tech for fabs and such.

Blueberries

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014

Exactly.

If you can't tell when your monitor is on I have news for you

It is possible but DRAM and NAND manufacturing is different so I doubt they would have the equipment ready to mass manufacture the NAND needed for a SSD.

It might almost be easier to have one of the larger manufactures make them for them instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.