avg caused BSOD

duckofdoom666

Prominent
May 29, 2017
Hi!
AVG(freeware version) caused an BSOD when installing a new version of a program yesterday. It detected the installer as malicious and when it proceeded to remove it the computer crashed and gave me an BSOD. Afterwards I deleted every traces of the program. Then uninstalled avg and installed kaspersky + malwarebytes instead, did new scans and didn't find any virus. Problem is that the computer is running much slower than usual now.
I dont understand how the antivirus could cause the bsod in the first place.
Secondly the program in mentioned was Bionix Wallpaper changer which I have used for almost two years now and never had any problem with. The installer was downloaded from the official site. Could it have been a false positive?
Here is a scan of the file:
http://
Note that avg on this online scanner doesn't detect any malware/trojan, although others do.
Also if anyone would like to check out the dmp file after the bsod, you can click here; http://

I don't have an screenshot of the BSOD but it contained a line with avgsomething.sys
BSOD bug check string was PAGE_ FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
adress in stack: ntoskrnl.exe+ebe02

Any advice on how to get my computer back to normal and how to avoid further bsods is
greatly appreciated.

duckofdoom666

Prominent
May 29, 2017

Did a memtest tonight took 8h and no errors was found. I didn't write anything about using windows defender, its not turned on. Have used malwarebytes as a complementary malware remover for a long time with different combinations of antivirus software. Although I can try do disable on of them and see if that's the problem.
Computer still feels very slow. I have not installed any new hardware(the last thing i changed was the ram memorys around a year ago).

duckofdoom666

Prominent
May 29, 2017
removed kaspersky and computer is back to normal. Was certainly interference between the two that caused it. Although I discovered that the ram was not in correct slots so changed that.