AVI FILES WITH 2 STREAMS ???

In regards to audio streaming..
I have some avi files that were ripped I believe from a dvd source.
When I play them in WMP9 I hear 2 streams, the actual movies and the
commentator in the background.

1) Is there a way to just play the movie audio?

I have also noticed that when I open this avi in Media Player Classic
I can actually choose which stream I want. So I can get rid of the
commentator.

I would like to convert these avi's to dvd so I can play them in a
standard dvd player.

2) Can this be done without the commentator audio? All I want is the
regular movie and that is all???

Thanks in Advance

Big Guy wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 15:12:55 GMT, Big Guy <BigGuy@net.com> wrote:
>
> >In regards to audio streaming..
> >I have some avi files that were ripped I believe from a dvd source.
> >When I play them in WMP9 I hear 2 streams, the actual movies and the
> >commentator in the background.
> >
> >1) Is there a way to just play the movie audio?
> >
> >I have also noticed that when I open this avi in Media Player Classic
> >I can actually choose which stream I want. So I can get rid of the
> >commentator.

That's one way. Bsplayer lets you also choose the audio stream.

> >I would like to convert these avi's to dvd so I can play them in a
> >standard dvd player.
> >
> >2) Can this be done without the commentator audio? All I want is the
> >regular movie and that is all???

Yes, that's possible. Just opent the avi in VirtualdubMod and demux
both audio streams.

Wilbert

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 14:49:57 +0200, Wilbert Dijkhof
<w.j.dijkhof@tue.nl> wrote:

>Big Guy wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 15:12:55 GMT, Big Guy <BigGuy@net.com> wrote:
>>
>> >In regards to audio streaming..
>> >I have some avi files that were ripped I believe from a dvd source.
>> >When I play them in WMP9 I hear 2 streams, the actual movies and the
>> >commentator in the background.
>> >
>> >1) Is there a way to just play the movie audio?
>> >
>> >I have also noticed that when I open this avi in Media Player Classic
>> >I can actually choose which stream I want. So I can get rid of the
>> >commentator.
>
>That's one way. Bsplayer lets you also choose the audio stream.
>
>> >I would like to convert these avi's to dvd so I can play them in a
>> >standard dvd player.
>> >
>> >2) Can this be done without the commentator audio? All I want is the
>> >regular movie and that is all???
>
>Yes, that's possible. Just opent the avi in VirtualdubMod and demux
>both audio streams.
>
>Wilbert

Thanks so much for responding!!!