mynamekushh

Prominent
Jun 11, 2018
Hello everyone,

I recently obtained a AVID ISIS 5000 server from an old friend and I noticed when I tried to boot it up I noticed the red warning LED on the front and it turned off not even halfway throughout the boot process

Upon further inspection I have noticed that fans 3 and 4 are not spinning. I have tried looking through the setup guide, but no luck

Any help would be much appreciated,
thanks,

David
Here is the link for the setup guide

WaltzWorker

Reputable
Mar 18, 2015
Pages 19 & 20 show the front LED's... Since the fan's aren't spinning I would presume your talking about the Red System error LED - next to the power button. Also - that could mean the power supply is bad or something else especially when you're indicating that "fans 1 & 2" are spinning as per: "fans 3 and 4 are not spinning.

Reactions: mynamekushh

mynamekushh

Prominent
Jun 11, 2018
Pages 19 & 20 show the front LED's... Since the fan's aren't spinning I would presume your talking about the Red System error LED - next to the power button. Also - that could mean the power supply is bad or something else especially when you're indicating that "fans 1 & 2" are spinning as per: "fans 3 and 4 are not spinning.
Yeah I see what you mean, there are plugs for the fans on the MoBo but it’s not clear where to plug them so I just kinda winged it lol, could that be a problem?

WaltzWorker

Reputable
Mar 18, 2015
OH No... Yes it could be a problem. Well looks like they're a closed system; you'd probably have to be a trained technician to get the service manual, all I can find are admin manual and the manual you referenced. I am a PC tech and would have to be there to see how to proceed. You could look for information on the MB... That may help, but I doubt it. Never know though; you could find all the info you need. That's where I'd start.