Avoid using IBuyPower?

Jul 6, 2018
It seems from on-line research here and elsewhere that IBuyPower is in a downturn the last few years on quality and customer service. My previous 2 IBP systems, last one 3 years ago, were fine, but the latest from 3 weeks ago is already a brick, likely due to off-brand PSU. Oddly for a company their size and length of time in the industry they do not have remote access / diagnostic software, and required me to tell them Event Viewer log results to guess it's either the PSU or mobo. They're now requiring me to send them the PSU before they'll send the replacement, unless I want to buy a new one which they say they'll refund when they got the current one back. They won't replace with a better brand to avoid repeating the problem, a day later still haven't sent the RMA shipping label via e-mail. Praying this fixes the problem and don't have to resort to shipping system back for mobo swap. Wondering if I'd be better to return for refund while still in 30 day period and try elsewhere.

Solution
I've recently had two friends get IBuyPower systems and they have had good luck so far....but that being said....if you don't specify a good PSU when you order, you get their default PSU which is usually crap.

So I'm thinking you got a default crap PSU. As far as the refund...I would be thinking the same thing....tough call.
I've recently had two friends get IBuyPower systems and they have had good luck so far....but that being said....if you don't specify a good PSU when you order, you get their default PSU which is usually crap.

So I'm thinking you got a default crap PSU. As far as the refund...I would be thinking the same thing....tough call.

Solution