[SOLVED] Avoiding a probable system failure

Nov 4, 2019
Started building a pc 1 year ago ish, for my birthday got the last part, the gpu.
I intentionally planned on a
b360g mobo
i5 8500
1060 6gb
500w psu
Budget said go look used 570/580, so i found a 580 sapphire nitro+, but i already had everything else, it took a 8+6 pin, i had only 8, worked for about 2 weeks then started slowly dying, motherboard had some issues, i suspect north bridge died(cant be 100% sure, warranty report said it had a scratch (which shouldnt affect it)), whatevs, im getting a new mobo right this day, some people told me failure could occur again, and get another psu, currently a xilence xp 500w.
Yes, i know, i Removed up in terms of psu.
surprise surprise, first time building a pc
no oc doing for me

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Yeah, but once you get the replacement MB, I would NOT use anything until you get the new PSU. Not worth risking any potential harm to your expensive PC components.

DSzymborski

Titan
so... how long would it work untill i can get some money?
would clocking cpu and gpu lower work?
so the gpu pins have nothing with it

Can't really help it, just waited too
so long to play

We already know you need a new PSU. How much longer would it take you to wait if you need to also buy a new GPU, CPU, motherboard, or some combination of all of these, after you destroy them with a dangerous PSU?

"OK, so my brakes on the car don't work. Can I still drive the car as long as I drive slowly and then slowly coast to a stop?"

You made a very poor purchase with this PSU. Why are you so determined to double-down on your mistake? Just wait until you have the proper safety equipment.

Reactions: King_V