Question AVX Instructions? OCing i7 9700k?

KHADER87

Honorable
Feb 25, 2015
Hi,

I have i7 9700K paired with asus z390 prime.

i left everything at default and only changed core multiplier to 51 and BCLK to 102.7 and now the CPU is runn8ng at 5.1ghz on all cores.

but what is AVX? min value is 0. and do i need to change anything? voltage? LLC... etc? OC is stable as is.

Hi,

I have i7 9700K paired with asus z390 prime.

i left everything at default and only changed core multiplier to 51 and BCLK to 102.7 and now the CPU is runn8ng at 5.1ghz on all cores.

but what is AVX? min value is 0. and do i need to change anything? voltage? LLC... etc? OC is stable as is.
AVX is a set of very long processor instructions that are used in some software like video encoding and encryption. They are very heavy on the CPU and can cause it overheat very easily even at stock clock speeds, as such there can be an offset applied to the CPU when running AVX instructions - the processor will slow down a little when processing AVX instructions to prevent overheating.
This is Intel only, though - AMD processors support AVX too, but they don't define an offset for AVX. Since they don't clock as high, it's a moot point anyway.

TRENDING THREADS