'aw snap' messages in Chrome and blue screen memory management error messages

bhome83

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
I'm getting a ton of 'aw snap' messages in Chrome (doesn't matter what webpage I'm on) and several times a day I get a blue screen out of nowhere that says something about memory management issues. how do I go about determining what is causing this error?

ArAnd0mPers0n

Reputable
May 8, 2015

Here is what i'm gonna start with.

1. How much ram you have?
2. If it is 4GB or higher, try running memtest86
3. Can i haz memory dumps?

bhome83

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
8GB RAM. I have run memtest86 multiple times (once for 16 hours with no errors). I did install a new 4GB stick of RAM several months ago, but wouldn't memtest pick it up if there was an issue with the installation or if it was incompatible?

What are memory dumps and how do I get them? I should note recently I've been receiving different blue screens as of late. They go so fast though that I don't remember them all (one said something about a kernal issue.)

is there a way to take a quick screenshot of them when they happen? they seem to happen out of the blue too.

ArAnd0mPers0n

Reputable
May 8, 2015

Memory dumps are created after a BSOD occurs and are stored in one of these areas

C:\Windows
C:\Windows\System32

Try uploading the file named MEMORY.DMP to something, like your cloud storage and place a link to it here, If your MEMORY.DMP file is 50MB or less, upload it to TinyUpload.com and post the link here.

bhome83

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Thanks for this. I might try something else before I go this route though. I've been unknowingly running what I thought was a data hard drive as a boot drive. Computer wasn't booting to the drive, but in disk management it shows multiple partitions set up like it was an OS drive at some pt. in time. Gonna disconnect that drive and just see if the computer responds better with just the OS drive installed.

thanks for help!

ArAnd0mPers0n

Reputable
May 8, 2015

Ok then, tell me if you still have problems!