Question Awful buzzing sound on USB powered headset

Dec 7, 2019
Hello,
So after 3 days of reading all over the internet I decided to post here hoping someone will be able to help me.
I have these Razer Carcharias headphones that I've been using for several years now. These headphones are USB powered. You have to plug them in a 3.5mm Audio-Out Port , 3.5mm Microphone-In Port AND a USB port.
I just built a new PC and when I connected the headphones there is this horrible buzzing sound.
Here are the PC specs :
  • Motherboard : Aorus z390 pro wifi
  • CPU : Intel i7 9700k
  • GPU : Aorus RTX 2080 Super
  • PSU : EVGA Supernova 850W

Here are all the details about the buzzing noise and what I tried so far :
  • the noise is there whether the 3.5mm jacks are connected or not (if I only plug the USB cable). So it's not related to the mic
  • the noise is the same on all USB ports (those on the front panel and on the Motherboard) - i tried all of them
  • tried disconnecting all other USB peripherals - nothing changes
  • the noise seems to be related to CPU activity - it gets worse when launching a game, opening internet sites, even moving the mouse around or using the mouse wheel
  • when I plug the headphones to my previous machine, a laptop, the noise disappears (barely audible and is not affected by CPU activity or volume or anything else). I even tried with my gf's laptop and the noise goes away
  • on my new PC I tried plugging in USB powered speakers and there is no noise whatsoever, like 0. These speakers use a 3.5mm Audio-Out Port and a USB port.
  • I tried plugging the PC to another power source (I read there could be a grounding problem) - no difference
  • I tried connecting the headphones USB cable directly to a phone charger - the noise changes from a buzzing sound to a high pitched noise, still horrible
  • I tried uninstalling/reinstalling audio drivers
  • lowering the volume does nothing

So the problem clearly comes from the USB, the moment I plug that in the noise is there.

Any suggestion is welcome, thank you

I do not know weather this will work or not but generally open up your sound devices in windows go system/ then sound/ sound control panel then disable ones that are not used individually till you find the one that is causing the problem then hopefully you should be good.

Dec 7, 2019
I do not know weather this will work or not but generally open up your sound devices in windows go system/ then sound/ sound control panel then disable ones that are not used individually till you find the one that is causing the problem then hopefully you should be good.
Thank you for the suggestion but sadly this didn't help :(

TRENDING THREADS