[SOLVED] Awful Connection Upstairs (Powerline Adaptor)

Jul 25, 2019
So I’ve been using a power line Ethernet adaptor downstairs for my gaming setup for a while now, I moved my setup upstairs and went from ~30 mbps down and 5 mbps up to barely 1 down and around 10 up. I’m really. not sure what to do, I have the adaptor plugged into the outlet directly and at this point I am considering trying to bring the router upstairs because I don’t know what to do as if now..

Solution
It could be anything plugged in anywhere in the house. I have a shop vac that can take out powerline no matter where it is in the house. Had a rental house where a ceiling fan when it was running on medium speed would block powerline. Replaced the fan with another identical one for other reasons and the new fan did not cause the same problems for my tenants.

I have not used them much lately since my house has ethernet in every room now.
There is not much you can really do. There are no setting you can change on the powerline units that will make any difference. It is mostly a function of the quality of the electrical wires and the path they take between the locations.

The newer av2 technology works much better than av200 or av500 equipment.

Jul 25, 2019
There is not much you can really do. There are no setting you can change on the powerline units that will make any difference. It is mostly a function of the quality of the electrical wires and the path they take between the locations.

The newer av2 technology works much better than av200 or av500 equipment.
Damn, I think I’m going to try and get a WiFi adaptor maybe that will be better but if not then sucks for me

It could be anything plugged in anywhere in the house. I have a shop vac that can take out powerline no matter where it is in the house. Had a rental house where a ceiling fan when it was running on medium speed would block powerline. Replaced the fan with another identical one for other reasons and the new fan did not cause the same problems for my tenants.

I have not used them much lately since my house has ethernet in every room now.

Reactions: OffinEWN
Solution

TRENDING THREADS