Question Awful laptop SCREEN BURN, pictures provided, Scan 3XS 15.6inch

EFCKieran

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2013
Hi,

Had this laptop for nearly 18 months now, this started to happen about 6 months ago, it took 1 month to get up to this level, and has sustained it since. I'm just looking for someone to tell me what this is, how easy it is to find the right screen, and then replace a screen like this.

It's not a screen burn, I don't have a clue where them white lines have come from, they're not as visible as they seem if you're face on, I have just angled it so you can see it better, I have worked and gamed on this laptop for months whilst trying to ignore it. The worst part is the yellow, it goes in the direction of gravity, so if my laptop is upright in my backpack, for an hour, it will start to appear on the sides ect ect, and overnight when it is shut and flat, it will dissipate and be gone in the morning, until I put it up right again and will start to appear an hour later. Pressing my thumb slightly also makes it spread and move about.

My option are:

1. Send it to Scan, costing £46 for delivery there and back, and £80-£120 for parts once they get a quote, 2 weeks without a laptop which is very much needed for my occupation.
  2. Get the part delivered to me from scan for £80-£120 and probably £23 for one way delivery (didn't ask about that), problem being is I don't have a clue how to replace a screen, my experience goes as far as building 2 computers.
  3. Find the part I need online for cheaper and replace it myself, with the problem being I don't have a clue which screen would be compatible and from what website, and again, I don't know how to replace it.

Thanks for reading :)

Kieran.

Well if you don't know how to actually replace the screen, you have two options, send it in or find a local computer shop to do the swap for you.
As far as what screen you need if you want to do it yourself, all you need to do is do a web search for "your laptop model screen" and then read the compatibility listings for the parts. eBay, Amazon, etc... are all places you can buy one from. Then look online for a tutorial on how to replace the screen in your system. It may be as easy as popping the bezel off and undoing a few screws or you may need to take apart the case more, or remove the lid fully to route wires.