AX3S Pro Problems

G

Hi,
I am having severe problems with my new AX3S Pro. I am trying to get working a P3 866 with the follow:

1. Adaptec 2940 U2W PCI Scsi Card
2. 3Com 3C905C NIC
3. Sound Blaster Vibra 128 PCI
4. Leadtek Geforce GTS 2 Video Card

Other Items:
1.Yamaha SCSI 8x Writer
2.Pioneer 32x SCSI Reader
3.256MB Kingmax Memory PC-133

The BIOS Revision is 1.08 for the AX3S Pro

I am using an IBM 18.2 GB UW LVD HDD and whenever I try and install windows (win98) it comes up with the blue screen of death (Fatal OD and/or Fatal OE exception Error) or MSGSRV32 error or RunDll Error or Kernel32 or Explorer.exe corrupted error (basically every error in the book!). These errors appear mostly during the secord part of the win98 install (where win98 detects the devices) The one thing that I have noticed is when the PC Boots and the IRQ/PCI Device Listing Table appears the USB Controllers always conflict with the SCSI Card IRQ . I have been moving the cards up and down the PCI Slots to no avail... I have also tried disabling the assigning of IRQs to the USB Controller... I am extremely frustrated and just want to get the damn thing working!!! Please help me !!!

Thanks Muchly in advance!

Cheers,

zender

G

I just recently upgraded to that same MB (about 6 weeks now), and have not had any problems. The board works great. However, I'm not using a SCSI card. Memory problems can also play a big part in your install issue. I had another PC in which I received the same plethora of errors. Turned out to be a bad 64M memory chip. I have read of possible problems with the 815E chipset not properly handling two 128M chips (I have one 256M chip). An easy test, if you do have two chips, would be to remove one then try your install. Just some thoughts that I hope may help. Good luck.