[SOLVED] AZZ Card File For Windows 11. I'm in BIG Trouble!

monicakm

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
I installed Windows 11 over my Dell PC desktop running Windows 10. I thought every thing went fine till I discovered one of the things that is a MUST...my AZZ Card File program files I created. It worked in Windows 10. I can open the program but not the the files. In fact I can't even find the files. I can't search for them by name because they were named dates like March 12 2020 and I don't know the dates. No, I didn't have a backup. Yes, I've contacted the dev but he's not answering. Yes, I've searched the drive for .azz with no results.

OK, I just did a test. I created an azz file in the AZZ program. Saved it in the default azz format and tried to open it. It worked! It opened the file. But, when I try to open a sample file that was installed with the program named azz.azz, I get this error message..."azz.azz" the system can not find the file specified. I'm out of ideas. So I think this is telling me the files just didn't make it over from the update. Anyone have any thoughts other than you're an idiot for not backing up first?

Solution
FYI:

https://www.azzcardfile.com/faq.html#u1

Lots of information there especially about the .azz files.

Read the link completely before doing anything. Look for other similar links within AZZ.

Also create a couple of backups with what you have now: e.g., My Documents and other folders were the .azz files may happen to be.

It appears that you have some viable options with regards to recovering your files.

Ralston18

Titan
FYI:

Read the link completely before doing anything. Look for other similar links within AZZ.

Also create a couple of backups with what you have now: e.g., My Documents and other folders were the .azz files may happen to be.

It appears that you have some viable options with regards to recovering your files.

Reactions: monicakm
Solution

monicakm

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
FYI:

I don't know how I got my AZZ file info back. I started to read your generous reply, decided I just needed to "step away from the computer" and take a break. Came back, looked around in the File Explorer, opened some files. Nothing. A little later an azz.bak just appeared on my desktop lol Opened it and BOOM, there it was! Closed the AZZ program, saving the file as an azz file AND put a copy of it on a backup drive (that I've never backed up to). So, I'm giving you the credit even tho I have no idea what happened. It's all good and THANK YOU!