[SOLVED] azza hurricane rgb fans

Jul 9, 2019
I am currently building my pc and my mother board doesnt have enough rgb headers for my azza hurricane fans . any recommendable rgb connectors that support giga rgb fusion ? pls help newbie here.

another issue. does anyone know about azza hurricane's 4 pin rgb wires ? it seems to look like it connects to each other and when i plug it to an rgb header it doesnt light up.

Solution
Since you can daisy-cahin all those fans' RGB connectors together, you need only one mobo plain RGB header to plug the entire group into. Actually, your mobo has two of those, plus two of the other ADDR RGB type of header. The two plain ones are marked LED_CPU (mid-board with 4 pins), and LED_C1 (bottom of board, 5 pins, item 8 on manual p. 13). The LED_CPU header is intended for use IF you have a CPU cooler with plain RGB lighting in it, but if you don't you can use it for other lighting units. I recommend you use the LED-C1 header along the bottom, though, just to keep things clear. It has FIVE pins because it is a variation of the plain RGB system with one added pin for use with slightly different lighting units called RGBW. For your...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Those fans come with two connectors on their RGB lighting wires. They are intended for a "daisy chain" connection system so you can connect many to a single mobo RGB header. That is, you plug the second fan's RGB female connector into the first fan's male (with pins) RGB output connector, etc.

In doing this you need to get three things just right. First of all, your mobo MUST have an RGB header with FOUR pins, because these fans are of the plain RGB type that uses a 4-pin connector and 12 VDC power. Secondly, each connector (and the mobo header) has a mark on it to indicate the 12 VDC pin and hole. You MUST turn the connectors at EVERY joint to that these marks line up. And lastly, you must get the mobo maker's RGB control utility and load it into you machine, then use that to adjust the RGB lighting effects. That software utility is probably on a CD that came with the mobo, but you can also download it from the maker;s website.

Jul 9, 2019
Those fans come with two connectors on their RGB lighting wires. They are intended for a "daisy chain" connection system so you can connect many to a single mobo RGB header. That is, you plug the second fan's RGB female connector into the first fan's male (with pins) RGB output connector, etc.

In doing this you need to get three things just right. First of all, your mobo MUST have an RGB header with FOUR pins, because these fans are of the plain RGB type that uses a 4-pin connector and 12 VDC power. Secondly, each connector (and the mobo header) has a mark on it to indicate the 12 VDC pin and hole. You MUST turn the connectors at EVERY joint to that these marks line up. And lastly, you must get the mobo maker's RGB control utility and load it into you machine, then use that to adjust the RGB lighting effects. That software utility is probably on a CD that came with the mobo, but you can also download it from the maker;s website.

my mother board is gigabyte x470 aourus ultra gaming. it has a 5 pin and it indicates 12 GRBW. i did connect each fan and finally to another 4+1 pin GRBW adapter (i think thats what it is)

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Since you can daisy-cahin all those fans' RGB connectors together, you need only one mobo plain RGB header to plug the entire group into. Actually, your mobo has two of those, plus two of the other ADDR RGB type of header. The two plain ones are marked LED_CPU (mid-board with 4 pins), and LED_C1 (bottom of board, 5 pins, item 8 on manual p. 13). The LED_CPU header is intended for use IF you have a CPU cooler with plain RGB lighting in it, but if you don't you can use it for other lighting units. I recommend you use the LED-C1 header along the bottom, though, just to keep things clear. It has FIVE pins because it is a variation of the plain RGB system with one added pin for use with slightly different lighting units called RGBW. For your purposes, just make sure the mark on the first fan's RGB 4-pin connector for the 12 VDC pin is aligned with the 12 VDC pin of the header. When you plug in, that connector simply will leave the last (fifth for White) pin unused. This header can supply up to 2 A to the RGB lights, and specs for several Azza Hurricane units say they use 0.4 A per fan for the RGB parts. So you would be OK to daisy-chain up to 5 such fans' RGB units from that one mobo header.

The utility that comes with your Gigabyte mobo to use for control of those lights via that mobo header is called RGB Fusion.

Solution
Jul 9, 2019
Since you can daisy-cahin all those fans' RGB connectors together, you need only one mobo plain RGB header to plug the entire group into. Actually, your mobo has two of those, plus two of the other ADDR RGB type of header. The two plain ones are marked LED_CPU (mid-board with 4 pins), and LED_C1 (bottom of board, 5 pins, item 8 on manual p. 13). The LED_CPU header is intended for use IF you have a CPU cooler with plain RGB lighting in it, but if you don't you can use it for other lighting units. I recommend you use the LED-C1 header along the bottom, though, just to keep things clear. It has FIVE pins because it is a variation of the plain RGB system with one added pin for use with slightly different lighting units called RGBW. For your purposes, just make sure the mark on the first fan's RGB 4-pin connector for the 12 VDC pin is aligned with the 12 VDC pin of the header. When you plug in, that connector simply will leave the last (fifth for White) pin unused. This header can supply up to 2 A to the RGB lights, and specs for several Azza Hurricane units say they use 0.4 A per fan for the RGB parts. So you would be OK to daisy-chain up to 5 such fans' RGB units from that one mobo header.

The utility that comes with your Gigabyte mobo to use for control of those lights via that mobo header is called RGB Fusion.
thanks ill work on it . i might just able to light them up this time

Jul 9, 2019
wi

will my fan's rgb light even if my mobo isnt posting? my current problem rn is that it isnt posting. atleast ill have one less problem to worry about of my fans rgb work

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
No. If your mobo is not posting, it is not controlling the output from the RGB header, so VERY likely the LED's will get no power. However, when you get the mobo working, the RGB lights also should work.

Have you posted a different thread about the failure to POST problem? Where?

Jul 9, 2019
No. If your mobo is not posting, it is not controlling the output from the RGB header, so VERY likely the LED's will get no power. However, when you get the mobo working, the RGB lights also should work.

Have you posted a different thread about the failure to POST problem? Where?
i didnt and i had it brought in to a tech place since im sure i wouldnt be able to handle it . thanks for the help