Question B-die binning on different modules?

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
Do im looking into getting 2x16gb b-die ram to maximize my ryzen 5 3600 performance and then I'll have really high quality ram to use for my upraded build in a year or 2. The cheapest ram meeting these specs seems to be about 260 but I'm wondering if the dies on those will be binned lower? If I'm going to be spending close to 300 dollars on ram i want to be sure im getting beastly ram that i can hit insane clocks on to actually get a perfromance increase. Also how much of a performance increase would i get with this over my currebt set up of a singl 16gb stick clocked at 3666 cas 16?

Yes, there is such thing as bad B die, and it can get really bad. If you don't need 32GB ram, get 2x8 instead. Which sticks are you looking at?
Saying it's B die doesn't really say much about its CAS Latency and Frequency, because there's B die at 3200 C14, 3200 C16, 3600 C14, 3600 C16, and so on.

Don't water cool your ram unless you're really hardcore overclocking. It's just not worth it, and you shouldn't limit yourself to 4 sticks just because you want to water cool. RAM draws less than 20W for both sticks, and produces even less as heat. The heat spreaders already on the modules are more than sufficient for cooling most of the time, although sometimes heat from the back of the GPU can cause instability in RAM overclocks.

I don't know where you got the idea that four dimms reduces latency. As I mentioned previously daisy chain topology is optimized for 2 dimms at higher frequencies. If you want to run 4, you should get a T topology motherboard. Even so, at high frequencies, Ryzen has trouble handling 4 dimms no matter the topology.

What would be the performance difference if i got a 32 gb kit of hynix c does?

There wouldn't be much of a performance difference but you would lose out on overclocking headroom if you ever decide you want to do that.